People who want solar screens in Reno usually want to maximize their views, but they should consider these facts before purchasing.
- You will have to choose an openness. Screen shades come with views that range from about 1% to about 30%. The lower the number, the more your view will be blocked.
- You will have to choose a color. The darker the color, the better the view, the lighter the color the less view you will have. So, a 5% black shade will have a better view than a 5% white shade.
- You will have some daytime privacy, but no expectation of night time privacy if you have your lights on inside.
- If you can see out, then air can get through the shade, thus lowering your insulative qualities.
- If you have bug screens on your windows, you may end up with a moire effect.
So, these facts should affect your purchasing decisions. By hiring a professional, they can put all of them into context for you to help you choose which factors are most important to you. They may recommend layered treatments or a different treatment all together. You may contact us for a consultation.