After with Curtains
Curtains can make a room very personalized. This Lake Tahoe client contacted us to remove glare from the television while adding a design element to the room. We did a number of things that are different from a basic drapery. Zoom in on the curtains or drapes to see some of the differences.
- The fabric is not just a solid velvet, it has a bit of silver sparkle to it, so it pops
- The pleating of the fabric is done in top pinch style to draw the eye up to the rod.
- The rod is a twisted variety, again adding interest
- The finish of the rod highlights the texture of the drapery or curtain rod
- The lining is a custom beige color so as not to be glaring from the outside
We chose a neutral color so as not to dominate the room when the curtains are closed. The fabric, sourced from New Point Fabrics, softens the hard edges of the wood casing of the windows. The rods were sourced from Iron Art by Orion. When we do draperies or curtains for our clients, a lot of thought goes into them. Whether in Reno or Lake Tahoe the little things make the difference when selecting your rods and fabrics and the styles in which they are made.
Kempler Design is located in Reno NV and serves the northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe regions with a mobile design showroom. Paul Kempler, its founder is considered a window fashions expert. Kempler Design has been featured in many prestigious projects, including the HGTV dream home in Lake Tahoe. Kempler Design works with homeowners as well as interior design firms looking for a local contact in the Reno/Tahoe area or is available for travel.