If you are considering doing shutters for your home, it is beneficial to hire a shutter expert. As the video shows, there can be some intricate details that if ignored can cause huge issues.
In this case we are dealing with casement windows. As you are aware, this type of window system has levers and cranks that protrude into the window space. It can cause some difficulty in getting the right design, so as to function properly and still look aesthetically pleasing.
- We believe that you should be hiring an expert to do your shutters. There are so many things that can pop up that would potentially be a disaster. Some of these issues are:
Obstructions- Like the video shows.
- Squareness- If the angles of the windows are not 90 degrees.
- Projection- How far into the space the shutters protrude.
- Style- What is the best look for the space
- There are other concerns too, but they may not be identifiable until your windows are looked at by the shutter expert.
Here is the good news for you. Hiring a shutter expert should be about the same price as hiring a hack. The price of shutters has become relatively standardized. I’d suggest you contact a couple of companies in your area and have a quick conversation with them about your needs. You will be able to identify the shutter expert very quickly and then when you have them come to your home in Lake Tahoe or Reno or wherever, you will see the difference.
Kempler Design is located in Reno NV and serves the northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe regions with a mobile design showroom. Paul Kempler, its founder is considered a window fashions expert. Kempler Design has been featured in many prestigious projects, including the HGTV dream home in Lake Tahoe. Kempler Design works with homeowners as well as interior design firms looking for a local contact in the Reno/Tahoe area or is available for travel.