When people think of motorized window coverings, they usually think of shades. This blog and video will show you how motorized shutters work. Whereas with shades the function of the shade is identical with manual controls, with shutters it is a little different.
For example, when you watch the video, you’ll notice that the only function that the motorized units will perform is the Tilt. But realistically, this is the only thing that needs to be motorized. As a rule, shutters are designed to be tilted, not folded off the window for long periods.
Here are some details about the Norman Window Fashions PerfectTilt motorized shutters.
- The shutters are controlled by a battery pack that is mounted to the non-hinge stile.
- Each section of louvers must have its own motor, so certain height panels might need more than one motor.
- The louver motors are powered by 6 AA batteries.
- The remote control is powered by two AAA batteries.
- When the batteries are removed from the panels for replacement, the programming is deleted.
- Whichever group you choose after battery replacement will be the new programming.
- The remote control can be programmed with the Micro USB connection.
- Norman Window Fashions PerfectTilt Shutters can be operated manually, but only after the switch on the motor has been adjusted to the M position from the R position
- A manual Pull-Ring is installed on the front of the shutter to allow easy opening of the hinged shutters without opening the louvers.
- Any of the Norman Window Fashions Shutters can be motorized, from composite to wood; stained or painted.
The bottom line is that whichever way you go, make sure you know all the facts. if shutters are the right choice for your home, you’ll want to deal with an expert. This will ensure that you get the most out of them.
Kempler Design is located in Reno NV and serves the northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe regions with a mobile design showroom. Paul Kempler, its founder is considered a window fashions expert. Kempler Design has been featured in many prestigious projects, including the HGTV dream home in Lake Tahoe. Kempler Design works with homeowners as well as interior design firms looking for a local contact in the Reno/Tahoe area or is available for travel.