You are searching for custom shutters because you have specific needs and you want to make sure that the company you hire can handle it. When it comes to custom shutters you need to understand that basically ALL shutters are somewhat custom. But, when you use a specialist company, your needs will be addressed to the point that you will be exceptionally happy with the end result.
What Is Involved With Custom Shutters?
Let me give you a few things to consider that go into the choices of custom shutters. These things are all important. But taken as a total, they make a project be spectacular instead of just being good enough. The design is the most critical aspect of the success of your shutters. Next comes the installation, but that is a blog for a different day. Take a look at some of the factors that go into good shutter design.
- Color- There are about 10 million colors available according to authorities. We can only do a about a million of them. (OK, I’m laughing.)
- Construction Material- Wood, Vinyl, Aluminum, Composite. Depends on your circumstances.
- Louver Size- From roughly 1” to almost 6” per louver.
- Frame Material- What shape? How large? Will there be a frame at all? All good questions.
- Tilt Bar- Yes or no. If yes, then where is it placed?
- Mechanism- Manual or motorized?
- Divider Rail? If so, where?
- Split Tilt? If so, where?
- What type of hardware will you use? Stainless? Painted? Metal color?
- Will you have handles or locks on the shutters?
- How durable will it be?
I could go on for even longer, but as you can see, there are many factors to consider.
Hiring A Custom Shutter Designer And Installer
I’ve made this suggestion before, but it is still true. Call the person you are consulting with and just talk to them. You will know quickly if you can trust them to identify your issues and provide you with solutions that will make you happy. I suggest this because this is how our clients determine if we are the right choice for their custom shutter needs.
Kempler Design is located in Reno NV and serves the northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe regions with a mobile design showroom. Paul Kempler, its founder is considered a window fashions expert. Kempler Design has been featured in many prestigious projects, including the HGTV dream home in Lake Tahoe. Kempler Design works with homeowners as well as interior design firms looking for a local contact in the Reno/Tahoe area or is available for travel.