Setting a Favorite Position for PowerView
If you need to set a favorite position for your Hunter Douglas Blinds, Shades or Shutters, you will want to read this blog and watch the attached video. I suggest watching the video a few times and then read the instructions a few more times to completely understand the process.
Now that you’ve watched the video, here are the step by step instructions for programming the favorite position on your PowerView remote control.
Favorite Position Programming Instructions
- Put the window covering in the position you want to save as a favorite position.
- Press and hold the STOP button on the remote control until the lights start blinking slowly. This usually takes about 8 seconds. To keep the remote in programming mode, press and release the STOP button occasionally. Otherwise the programming mode will shut off automatically in about 30 seconds.
- Press and release the channel number for which you wish to set the favorite position. This will light the channel number.
- This one is all about timing. Find the manual button on the headrail and press and hold it and IMMEDIATELY AFTER press and release the HEART button and the manual button on the headrail. Do all of this within 3 seconds.
- Watch and listen for the window covering to jog. This confirms that the favorite position has been programmed into the motor.
- Wait 30 seconds for the programming mode to end. The pulsing light will stop.
Summary of Programming the Favorite Position
The most confusing part of the process of setting the favorite position on your Hunter Douglas products is the timing. I usually describe the process of knowing which button to press first by use of the concept of introductions. Sometimes I even say “Hello” out loud when I’m pressing the headrail button. I say this because I’m trying to get the motor’s attention.
I want the motor to know that I’m about to give it instructions, but it has to be listening before I send information to it. So, press and hold the manual button and almost immediately hit the remote control heart and then release both quickly. Once you do it, you’ll see how easy it is to program the favorite button.
Kempler Design is located in Reno NV and serves the northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe regions with a mobile design showroom. Paul Kempler, its founder is considered a window fashions expert. Kempler Design has been featured in many prestigious projects, including the HGTV dream home in Lake Tahoe. Kempler Design works with homeowners as well as interior design firms looking for a local contact in the Reno/Tahoe area or is available for travel.