Are you considering having motorized window shades installed in your Reno home? That installation is certainly worth considering — but you might also consider getting manual shades installed instead.
The decision depends on how you consider the pros and cons inherent in these types of window shades. Read on to see the major pros and cons you can expect from motorization. Should you find the pros outweigh the cons, you’ll know that motorization is right for you — and vice-versa, of course.
Motorized Window Shades: Pros
- Help for those with mobility issues
- Security since you can remotely operate them and appear home when you’re on vacation
- Increase in your property value
Motorized Window Shades: Cons
- High cost makes this a non-option for many people
- Installation can require hiring an electrician