Voice commands are becoming more and more popular. Sometimes when you want to make a shade, blind or shutter open or close, you don’t feel like grabbing the remote control or opening up the app on your device. Voice commands, when done properly, are efficient and simple. Please watch the embedded video to see one such example in a Lake Tahoe home.
Currently there are a number of different ways to control your Hunter Douglas window treatments for your home, whether in Reno or Lake Tahoe.
- Manual Button on Shade, Blind or Shutter. It is there, but don’t use it! OK, you CAN use it, but be gentle and be careful. If you press and hold that button without knowing exactly what you are doing, you can cause huge problems.
- Remote Control- Self explanatory….right?
- App Based Controls using the Hunter Douglas PowerView App
- Voice Controls, which are viewable in this video
- Third Party Controls- Like Control 4 or even Logitech or various IFTTT systems
Most people will use the first 3 and voice commands are starting to become very mainstream as a way to control window treatments. Every job is different to us at Kempler Design, so we suggest you contact us to set up a design consultation to make sure your window treatments are best designed for your usage, whether you use voice commands, or not.
Check out www.tahoeblueestate.com for more information on this gorgeous rental in South Lake Tahoe.
Kempler Design is located in Reno NV and serves the northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe regions with a mobile design showroom. Paul Kempler, its founder is considered a window fashions expert. Kempler Design has been featured in many prestigious projects, including the HGTV dream home in Lake Tahoe. Kempler Design works with homeowners as well as interior design firms looking for a local contact in the Reno/Tahoe area or is available for travel.