A friend of mine recently wrote the blog posted below. Though he is very passionate about the political side of things, the points he brings out are very relevant.
Here are some things you can do to make sure you keep your children and pets safe.
- Never place a child’s bed or crib below a window that has a corded window covering.
- Make sure that any cords that hang down are secured away from the hands of young ones.
- Educate anyone as to the dangers of the cords that hang down the front or the back of the shades.
- Deal with an industry professional that can guide you through the process of choosing safer shadings.
- Consider cordless options.
- Consider motorized options.
Again, this list is not comprehensive, but it should get your mind moving in the right direction. For more information on this important subject, follow this link.